Join us for Jostens 2017 Summer Workshop
Anyone who has attended yearbook workshop will tell you: “it’s a lot of work and a lot of fun.” Develop your theme. Brainstorm your coverage. Learn how to write. Design templates. Set your marketing plan. And live it up!
Start your workshop experience now. Expect all decision-making editors and recruit as many staff members as you can to commit to attending the workshop. The more you have trained, the better the experience will be.
Summer workshop is a great team bonding and building time for you and your staff. Check out all of the spring planning activities in the Digital Classroom on Yearbook Avenue.
– Narrow theme choices down to no more than three. Bring a cover sketch, endsheet, title page, opening/closing, divider and parting page. Have some font and color ideas.
– Bring last year’s ladder and copies of your yearbook (for reference or trading with other staffs).
– Don’t forget your “yearbook notebook” so you can take notes, sketch ideas and plan marketing ideas. Pens, pencils, colored pens/marker and pencils
– Prepare to be social. Bring your cell phones/tablets and your cameras so you can share your experience with friends.
– Now is the time to collect ideas for inspiration at the workshop. Create idea notebooks now that you can bring to camp. Compile story, headline, writing, photo/photo treatment, font, color and other graphic design ideas.
– Laptops can be used for exploring inspirations as well as starting the actual production on the book.
– Photography Track participants need to bring a digital DSLR camera, memory cards, chargers, as well as any lenses and detachable flashes you may have.
– Finally, bring your school calendar and your budget for time and fiscal planning.
Advisers, Editors, Photographers & Staffers
Yearbook Summer Workshop
June 19-21, 2017
The Classic Center Athens, GA
Plan your entire 2018 book in three days
Save by registering early!
Click here to read about how to save
Theme Concept, Design, Spread Content Planning, Mini-Sessions
Ladder Diagram, Coverage, Mini-Sessions, Complete Portfolio
Business Planning, Mini-Sessions, Advisers/ Editors Only. Awards Presentation
Artist sessions and breakout sessions that staff members & advisers will be able to select from on various Yearbook topics.
The Classic Center is located in the heart of Downtown Athens, Georgia. Complimentary wireless Internet access and audio-visual with plug-and-play capabilities makes The Classic Center a perfect location for the summer workshop.
Click here to download the entire brochure and registration packet in a printable format!
Click this map to link to directions in Google Maps